This is another “tibitsy” dish or finger food that can easily be overindulged if you enjoy the taste of miso and PEANUT BUTTER!
But let’s get it straight. It is suppose to be another side dish where you take only one or two pieces per meal only. Remember, less is more. Less sugar, less salt, less oil and less food is more health.
Eggplant – cut into slices
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Japanese Miso paste (less salty version if possible)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- Simply combine all the above into a paste. You can experiment the proportion according to personal taste preference. The miso quantity determines that smoky salty aftertaste whereas the peanut butter lends a sweet nutty tone to it. As for the sesame seed oil, I just love that aroma.
- Spread the Seasoning on one side of the eggplant slice.
- Grease a nonstick pan lightly and panfry the egg plant over low heat. This step is for cooking the eggplant.
- Place the cooked egg plant on a baking tray that has been greased.
- Put cheese on the egg plant and send it into the oven or toaster (medium) heat. This step will melt the cheese over the miso seasoning.
- Optional. Garnish with parsley or dried herbs. Toasted sesame seed will do fine as well.
That’s it. a simple dish that combines the best of the East and West!
May all be well and happy.
Categories: Food & Drinks