These rice balls look pretty sitting on the altar as offerings.
And you can eat them as a quick meal afterward.
3 cups sushi rice
3.2 cups water
1/2 cup sushi rice vinegar
2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon salt
Mix the rice seasoning together until sugar and salt dissolve.
Tips. Adjust the above proportion for more or less accordingly.
1. Wash the sushi rice and pour away the milky water. ( tips. You can use this water to water your plants instead of pouring them away) add fresh water and re wash the rice again. Repeat this process until the water is almost clear when you wash the rice.
2. Remove excess water.place rice in a rice cooker and add the 3.2 cup water.
3. When the rice is cooked. Add the rice seasoning to the hot rice. Mix the rice evenly with chopstick. ( this will prevent squashing the rice)
4. Cool the rice rapidly by fanning it with a fan or just place it near an electric fan.
5. Once the rice is cool enough. You can start making the rice ball. You can wet your hand to make the balls. A bit similar to making snowball. Alternatively you can use a cup as an aid. Remember to set the cup. That will prevent the rice from being stuck yo the cup. Pressing the rice together will give it a nice solid form and texture.
6. The Decoration is up to your imagination. I used traditional coloured pickles, egg, cucumber, mayonnaise, seafood and seaweed. But feel free to use coloured salt or sugar. Cake decoration, etc. HAVE FUN!
Categories: Food & Drinks