Combining the favours of the East and West for some Zenness delights.
May the joy of ice cream brings forth happiness.
300ml thickened cream
300ml low fat milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 table spoon matcha powder (green tea powder)
For serving (optional)
Japanese Black bean powder (commonly used in Japanese dessert)
- Mix thickened cream and milk together in a pot.
- Sieve matcha powder into the milk
- Heat milk over very low flame, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon.
- Whip the egg and sugar until pale yellow. *Note: I didn’t managed to dissolve all the sugar in the egg, hope you have better luck. Anyway the ice cream turns out fine.
- Once the egg mixture is ready, add it into the simmering milk. (a Little bit at a time and stir gently with the spoon. make sure the mixture and combined properly) Do not boil the milk. use low heat.
- The ice cream mix is ready when all eggs and sugar are combined into the milk.
- Wait for the mixture to cool. then chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours
- Place the chilled mixture in an ice cream maker to churn the ice cream. When done, put it in the freezer to freeze.
take the ice cream out from the freezer to thaw for 30 min. Otherwise the ice cream is too hard to scoop.
Serving the ice cream with Japanese Black bean powder add a new layer of flavour to the ice cream.
This is my 1st attempt
I think the ice cream is acceptable as long as it thaws a bit.
I had hoped it had a gelato texture. But it is more ice cream than gelato.
Categories: Food & Drinks